Friday, June 19, 2015

Lighthouse and St Marys

This is a fun shot I took in the Port Washington Marina on June 19, 2015. Both the lighthouse (pierlight) and St Mary's church are iconic images of Port Washington, WI so I thought it would be cool to include them both in a single image.  I positioned my vehicle facing Lake Michigan and the lighthouse and adjusted my mirror to get St Mary's positioned in it.  I took about a dozen photos some with my 18-55mm lens and some with my 55-200mm.

I had no plans on making this image available for sale as it really is more of a novelty image so I did some colorizing and single image processing in Lr and Ps to add more color. The sky was a gradient from sunset but still flat and just boring in general so I painted a few layers of color, mainly grey tones on top to enhance the focal composition and draw the eye to the center of the image better.

I could have better positioned my vehicle and mirror but I really didn't have a lot of time to spend getting the perfect angle, and again, I really had no plans on selling the image so it is fine the way it is.


No comments:

Post a Comment